“We warmly invite you to GrowingMedia2021, the 2nd International Symposium on Growing Media, Soilless Cultivation, and Compost Utilization in Horticulture (ISHS) to be held in the historic University city of Ghent, Belgium, from 22 until 27 August 2021. GrowingMedia2021 will be organised by ILVO, Ghent University and Hasselt University and held at PAC ‘Het Zuid’, Ghent, Belgium.
The conference will focus on sharing expertise on growing media, soilless cultivation and compost utilization in horticulture, with sessions on:
- Growing media and sustainable use of resources
- Integrated disease and pest control via interaction with the growing medium
- Soilless cultivation: added value of innovations for water and nutrient use efficiency
- Compost utilization in horticulture and its potential for carbon storage
- Oral and poster presentations will be invited to cover the full spectrum of research, from theory to implementation and adoption by stakeholders.
Finally, our social program will allow you to meet colleagues from all over the world, whilst enjoying Belgian chocolates, beers, fries and music. We are looking forward to welcoming you to Ghent in 2021!”